- Songs from the May Issue - Listen to selections from Echosmith, the Pretenders, Al Green and more
- The Cool Kids - Family indie pop group Echosmith was the cover of the May 2015 issue of In Tune.
- Tropical Styles - In this month’s Techniques, we explore the summery sounds of reggae, ska, reggaeton, calypso, and bossa nova.
- May 2015 - Listen to the podcast and stream all 10 selections from the May 2015 Listening List, including “Believe” by Mumford & Sons.
- Lesson of the Month - The winner of music competitions throughout Europe, Alessandro Carbonare is the principal clarinetist in the French National Orchestra
- Listening List: April 2015 - Listen to the podcast and stream all 10 selections from the April 2015 edition of the Listening List
- Hear the Music: April 2015 - Listen to selections from Marina and the Diamonds, Earl Hines, Miranda Lambert and more
- Miranda Lambert: From Nashville Star to Superstar - Miranda Lambert’s newest album Platinum just won the Best Country Album
- Techniques: Vocal Warmups - This month’s Techniques teaches us the value of vocal warmups to relax vocal cords for singing.
- Lesson of the Month - Audio equipment company PreSonus gives an audio tutorial on microphones used in capturing DCI’s Blue Devils in the field.
- Techniques: Perfecting Percussion - Hand percussion may look simple, but many musicians make the mistake of taking it for granted.
- Hear the Music - Listen to selections from Fitz and the Tantrums, Cole Porter, the Decemberists and more artists from the March 2015 issue.
- Vocal Warmups - Our March Lesson of the Month features a series of exercises to get your voice ready for action.
- The Decemberists: Indie Rock with an Acoustic Accent - The Decemberists, with their new release What a Terrible World, What a
- Listening List: March 2015 - Listen to the podcast and stream all 10 selections from the March 2015 edition of the Listening List
- Techniques: Ornaments - Get familiar with various musical ornaments with this month’s Technique feature. Hear examples and the music
- Listen: Players | Write Stuff | Influences - Hear the music of Stephen Bray, Thomas Benko, Aloe Blacc and more from the February 2015 issue.
- Listening List: February 2015 - Listen to the podcast and stream all 10 selections from the February 2015 edition of the Listening List,
- The Sonics of Pentatonix - See more of Pentatonix in performances and interview, along with a cappella acts Bobby McFerrin and Take 6.
- Hear the Music - Listen to selections from Pete Seeger, Madonna, Pentatonix and other artists featured in the February In Tune.
- How to Play Electric Violin - Virtuoso Christian Howes does some high-voltage fiddling. We’ve also added some video of Christian using loop pedals to be a one-man mini orchestra.
- Voice Leading Master Class - Delve deeper into the subject of the January 2015 Techniques column with these video lessons.
- Listening List: January 2015 - Listen to the podcast and stream all 10 selections from the January 2015 edition of the Listening List, including “Afterlife” by Ingrid Michaelson, and more.
- Hear the Music - Selections from the Eagles, Hozier, Emblem 3, and other artists featured in the January issue of In Tune.
- David Guetta: Guetta Together - Check out video of David Guetta’s collaborations with featured artists Kelly Rowland, Sia, and John Legend.
- Players: Marcus Anderson - Check out this issue’s Players subject saxophonist Marcus Anderson in the videos below.
- Sax Articulation - Saxophonist George Garzone demonstrates correct articulation.
- Hear the Music December 2014 - Listen to selections from Sam Cooke, Maroon 5, One Direction, Idina Menzel, John Coltrane, and more!
- Techniques: Reels and Jigs - Learn how from the British Isles combined with African music to help shape American music.
- Listening List: December 2014 - Listen to the podcast and stream all 10 selections from the December 2014 edition of the Listening List, including “Somebody to You” by The Vamps.
- Trumpet Wisdom - John Hagstrom has been a member of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s trumpet section since 1996.
- Arranging and Orchestration - Part 4 of the “Scholastic Studio” explores how software can be used to arrange and orchestrate music.
- Listening List: November 2014 - Listen to the podcast and stream all 10 selections from the November 2014 edition of the Listening List, including “Centuries” by Fall Out Boy.
- Hear the Music November 2014 - Hear selections from Florida Georgia Line, Tye Tribbett, Tchaikovsky, artists using exotic scales, and more.
- Recording Your Practice - Learn how to set up to record your practice in this video series by John Mlynczak of PreSonus.
- Drumset Lesson: The Clave - Vic Firth presents this very cool lesson on the rhythm that gives Latin music its pulse: clavé
- Cut to the Chase - The U.S. Marine Band plays Sousa, plus more audio and video from the October 2014 Techniques lesson
- Listening List: October 2014 -
- Techniques: Cut Time - From “Cut to the Chase”: Page 24 of the Student Edition Objective Help students better understand, read, and perform music written in cut time (2/2) time signature.
- Scholastic Studio - Part 3: Record Yourself Page 62 of the In Tune Student Edition Prepare and encourage students to use recording as a technique to help build overall musicianship. This lesson plan includes an overview, along with a guest lesson provided by John Mlynczak of Presonus.
- Hear the Music: October 2014 - Hear songs by artists featured in the October 2014 issue, including Spoon, 5 Seconds to Summer,
- Finding a Fit - Chris Sampson of USC's Thornton School of Music offers a candid advice for finding the college that fits you the best.
- Educating Music Educators - Dr. Charles T. Menghini: President VanderCook College of Music offers his views of the future of music education.
- Degree Decoder - What, exactly, is a “music degree?” Well, the answer isn’t as simple as you think.
The Young Musician's Textbook