Find links and extras from In Tune’s Music News… Read More>>
The May issue’s Modern Band lesson features Shawn Mendes’ big hit “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back.” Click here for the charts and a video of Mendes performing the track. Read More>>
From his early days in the Commodores to his hit-making solo career and recent revival, Lionel Ritchie has been one of pop’s most successful crossover artists. Read More>>
We completed our two part lesson on the blues in the May issue of In Tune with a look at minor chord progressions and riff-based blues songs.
Listen to the podcast and stream all 10 selections from the May 2018 edition of the Listening List. Read More>>
- How to String an Acoustic Guitar - Learn how to cut and restring your own acoustic guitar with D’Addario.
- Double Pedal Patterns with Korn’s Ray Luzier - Ray Luzier is the drummer for nu-metal band Korn. In this video, he talks you through the basics of double pedal patterns.
- Two-Minute Music Theory - This video series offers student-friendly lessons in music theory. While they’re not all under two minutes, each episode is short, informative and fun.
- Learn Free Music Theory - Actually, that headline—taken directly from the teacher’s YouTube—is a good lesson in bad syntax. The lessons are free, but the music theory is, well, music theory. So technically, it should be “Learn Music Theory for Free” or “Free Lessons: Music Theory.” That said, we like this whole series, and the collar outside the blazer look … Continue reading Learn Free Music Theory
- Cello Basics - Although this free bowing tutorial is part of a subscription program, the information offered is valuable even if you don’t sign up for the lessons.
- Victor Wooten Pushes Pedals - A great bassist experiments with sound.
- Light Reeding for Clarinet - Just because saxophones and clarinets are in the same family of reed instruments doesn’t mean you should use the same type of reeds for both.
- Sticking to the Samba - Drummer Christiano Galvão is a master of Latin rhythms, from Cuban timba and Trinidadian soca to the sambas of his native Brazil.
- The Buzz on Buzzing - To make a decent sound on a brass instrument, you’ve got to be able to use your lips properly.
- Into the Loop - Being a solo act isn’t all that tough in the 21st century if you’ve got the right gear.
This video series offers student-friendly lessons in music theory. While they’re not all under two minutes, each episode is short, informative and fun.