0 of 7 questions completed
Take this brief quiz on pop artist Carly Rae Jepsen to test your knowledge of the songwriter behind the star.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 7 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. To which city did Carly Rae Jepsen move in search of inspiration for her new album?Correct
Jepsen moved from Los Angeles, California, where she said her songwriting experience was strange in that she was paired with artists by her label and expected to produce material within a short time frame.Incorrect
2. Living in a new city, Jepsen had a lot of inspiration to draw from, but she also searched for influence from the past. To which decade’s music did she find herself returning?Correct
Artists like Prince, Madonna, and Cyndi Lauper reminded her of the appeal of ’80s pop music, and its ability to evoke emotion in a way she feels modern pop music is lacking.Incorrect
3. After her experience with songwriting in Los Angeles, Jepsen decided to take action with who would be contributing to her material, so she:Correct
Jepsen reached out to artists including Sia, Vampire Weekend’s Rostam Batmanglij, Devonte Hynes, and Ariel Rechstaid personally, told them she loved their work and asked if they’d like to collaborate with her on her next album.Incorrect
4. How many songwriting attempts did Jepsen estimate to have made before she settled on what became the album’s title track?Correct
In the time she spent on EMOTION, Jepsen wrote close to 200 songs in developing the tone and feel she had envisioned.Incorrect
5. What about EMOTION makes Jepsen stand out as a pop artist?Correct
According to Aaron Bay-Shuck, president of A&R at Jepsen’s label, Interscope, the studio offered Jepsen songs written by other artists that they recommended she record, but she insisted on coming up with her own material.Incorrect
6. While living in New York, Jepsen wasn’t just working on EMOTION. She was also:Correct
Jepsen found the experience strengthening for her vocal technique, as the style required for the performance differed significantly for her typical pop belting.Incorrect
7. Her experience on Broadway recalled her younger years in her high school theater program. At that age, she feels she also got a head start through:Correct
At age 17, Jepsen discovered a love for songwriting, and began learning how to play chords on her dad’s guitar. She spent time in his small studio in the basement where she would make demos and teach herself about recording.Incorrect