Have the class read Hayley Williams: Survivor (page 24 of the student edition).
Key points in the article:
- Hayley Williams has been the lead singer for rock band Paramore for 17 years
- The band was nominated for a GRAMMY Award in 2008, and won in 2015 for their song “Ain’t It Fun.” And yet, Williams cites 2015 as “the worst year” because of her personal struggles.
- She wrote music as part of her therapy through her divorce
- The group will release a new album in May, Petals For Armor.
Review vocabulary words from the article below:
INTENSIVE — concentrated on a single area or subject or into a short time
TRIBULATIONS — a cause of great trouble or suffering
NOTION — a conception of or belief about something
ECLECTIC — deriving ideas, style or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources
- Do you think it would be easier to write a song about happy, simple things or challenging, complicated things?
- Which aspects of being famous and successful might be difficult to deal with?
- How might writing music help to ease stress, depression or anxiety?
Hear Paramore’s music in the videos below: