Echosmith: The Cool Kids
How a family of young musicians became one of rock’s hottest emerging acts.
The Cool Kids - Family indie pop group Echosmith was the cover of the May 2015 issue of In Tune.
Tropical Styles - In this month’s Techniques, we explore the summery sounds of reggae, ska, reggaeton, calypso, and bossa nova.
Ableton Live Sound Design - You don’t need to travel the world for exotic sounds. This video lesson shows how household objects can be used
Memphis Master Class - Hear music from Take Me to the River and learn how you can re-mix and play along with William Bell’s “Knock on Wood.”
- Songs from the May Issue - Listen to selections from Echosmith, the Pretenders, Al Green and more
- Fifth Harmony’s Inspirations - In this month’s Influences, we follow the sound of Fifth Harmony’s all-female pop group style back to its roots in one of the first all-girl pop groups, the Shirelles.
- Pretenders - This month’s Icon, the Pretenders, were defined by the leading voice (and attitude) of Chrissie Hynde.
- Notables: Mason Gainer - The guitarist of up-and-coming rock band Bad Seed Rising, 15-year-old Mason Gainer says there’s nothing else he’d rather be doing than playing guitar.
- Lesson of the Month - The winner of music competitions throughout Europe, Alessandro Carbonare is the principal clarinetist in the French National Orchestra