Jazz festivals have a history of bringing artists both legendary and up-and-coming to wider and international audiences. Read More>>
This month’s The Write Stuff focuses on the meaning of song form. Read More>>
Clark Terry is best remembered as a jazz flugelhorn pioneer and music educator. Read More>>
The work of the master Baroque composer has been adapted to almost every other genre. Read More>>
Don’t drop your savings just yet: Before you make your new electric guitar purchase, there are a lot of factors to consider. Read More>>
The Write Stuff - Be In-Formed
0 of 7 questions completed
Test your knowledge on the elements and applications of song form with this short quiz.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 7 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 7
1. Select the three basic elements of song form:Correct
Question 2 of 7
2. What is the role of the verse in a song? Check all that apply:Correct
Question 3 of 7
3. What role does the chorus serve in the song? Check all that apply:Correct
Question 4 of 7
4. What role does the bridge play in a song? Check all that apply:Correct
Question 5 of 7
5. Which songs have a structure that starts with the chorus?Correct
Question 6 of 7
6. Which of the following songs are examples of building excitement progressively through verses?Correct
Question 7 of 7
7. What is said in the article to be one of the most important things to keep in mind in songwriting?Correct
The right amount of contrast in elements like dynamics, rhythm, and instrumentation can turn an average song into a great one.Incorrect