WELCOME TO THE 2016-17 SEASON
- The Sounds of October 2016 - Listen to Frontrunner Lukas Graham, Icon Miles Davis, cover artist Needtobreathe, and more!
- Icon: Miles Davis - The “man with the horn” changed jazz many times over.
- Donny McCaslin - Already well respected in the jazz world, saxophonist Donny McCaslin found many new fans in 2016 with his playing on David Bowie’s Blackstar.
- Influences: Ruth B. ⇠ Barbra Streisand - Find out who’s lurking in a young Canadian singer/songwriter’s past.
- How Human Hearing Works - For the first installment of How It Works, we explained how our ears work to perceive sound.
- Carter Beauford on Drumming - The Dave Matthews Band’s drummer explores the “pocket” in this vintage video.
- How It Works: The Human Ear Quiz -
- Icon: Miles Davis Quiz -
- Remembering Bill Graham - He created the live concert business as we know it, and now promoter Bill Graham is the subject of a comprehensive exhibit at the National Museum of American Jewish History in Philadelphia.
- Celebrate the Minimoog! - After 30 years out of production, the groundbreaking Minimoog Model D analog synthesizer is being manufactured again by Moog Music.
Cover artist Twenty One Pilots, Frontrunner Conrad Sewell, instrumental controllers, triple time signatures, the In Tune Listening List, Wanda Jackson, and more!
- Listening List: May 2016
- Sounds of May 2016
- The Burton Mallet Grip
- Influences: Gary Clark Jr. ⇠ Willie Dixon
- Cellist Tina Guo
- Twenty One Pilots Take Off
- Wanda Jackson
- Triple Play
- You’re in Control
- DCI FAQs