Listening List: January 2018 - Listen to the podcast and stream all 10 selections from the January 2018 edition of the Listening List.
Awesome Aussies - From rock to country to pop, Australasian artists have played a major role in American music.
Icon: Talking Heads - ’80s new wave group Talking Heads brought new life to pop and alternative rock with their inventive blend of afrobeat, electro, funk, and pop.
It’s All About Bass - Listen to pieces and solos featuring bass-range instruments from all the instrument
The Nylon Solution - Nylon-string guitars have a rich history all their own.
Crying Time - For Sam Smith, sad songs say so much.
A Minor Reinvention - Harmonic, melodic, and jazz minor scales provide a variety of musical flavors.
Petty Chords - All you need to play Tom Petty’s “Free Fallin'” is right here.
- La Stupenda - Joan Sutherland was one of the greatest operatic sopranos of the 20th century.
- Influences: St. Vincent ⇠ Gilbert & Sullivan - From alt-rock to operetta in four songs.
- Jonathan Stein’s Beatmaking Process - In our December 2017 Write Stuff column, we looked at how electronic musician Jonathan Stein constructs a composition.
- The In Tune Students and Teachers Songwriting Competition - Presented by Sennheiser, Masterwriter and Noteflight
- Trane Film Has Arrived - The “Trane” being saxophonist John Coltrane, of course.
- Victor Wooten Pushes Pedals - A great bassist experiments with sound.
One Direction, percussion instruments, Charlie Puth and Wiz Khalifa’s “See You Again,” Run-D.M.C., Kesha, quiet storm, the In Tune Listening List, and more!
- Listening List: November 2017
- The Sounds of November 2017
- Kings of Rock?
- One into Five
- Influences: Kesha ⇠ Maybelle Carter
- The Hits Keep Coming
- “See You Again” Onstage
- Modes of Playing
- Light Reeding for Clarinet